After my last, not so successful blog attempt from the Mississippi river, I am continuing on with more hope to report new adventures! The internet connection was very unreliable from the river and strangely enough, it is drastically better from the middle of the ocean so I will have many more opportunities to keep you all up to date.
As most of you already know, I have finished up my 2 month contract on the American Queen and it was great! I am so happy that I did it and I really miss all the great friends I made! I have accepted another contract through Showtime Pictures. This time, I will be gone for 6 months in Barbados and the Mediterranean Sea! I was very unsure if I wanted to take it, but I am already glad that I did! I am getting a bit homesick, but I'm sure I'll get use to it...as I stare into the deep blue sea and sandy white beaches!!
As most of you probably don't know, I have recently lost my cell phone! I put it on top of the rental car while loading things in to go to the airport in Florida and completely forgot about it as we drove off!! We went back to look for it but I didn't see it anywhere so I am hopping we will get to a port soon that has a cell phone store! Thankfully, I had back-up assistance through Verizon and I didn't loose any of the phone numbers in my phone book.
Sooo...today we were in St. Lucia at Pelican Bay and I got to swim in the ocean! I was beautiful!!! For the first week, there are two people from Showtime with me on the ship, Paula and Goktan. Then for the second week, Goktan goes home and Paula stays to help me more through everything. They are both SO nice! I am so glad that they are here. They are making it a lot easier for me to get past all the anxiety of being away from home and we are having a great time! After we went swimming, we all walked up to the top of one of the mountains on the island to look at a great view and take some pictures. It was so nice! I don't have any pictures to show you yet, but I will soon. Tomorrow we are going into town. I'm not sure what's there but I'm sure it will be great!
I hope all is well with everyone and I can't wait to tell you all about everything I'm seeing!
No comments:
Post a Comment