Monday, September 22, 2008

A long day for a garbage girl

Saturday was a very looong day!  We didn't end up getting off the bus until 9 p.m. and when we arrived in Iowa, the old people were very cranky!  From the time we got on the bus till the time we got off, all they did was complain about being there.  Every bump, every sharp turn, every minute!  Paul said its because they are old and they have a lot less time left in the world, so they are more conscious of how they spend it!  He's got a good point!  I got really lucky though, because there was a couple sitting in the row behind me that were very funny!  They kept me laughing the whole time!  They were great!  I'll try to get a photo with them before they leave.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, after about an hour of being on the bus, I had a bunch of garbage to throw away from the boxed lunches they gave us.  So I got a garbage bag and went down the isle to see if anyone wanted to throw anything away.  I was obviously just trying to be nice and helpful.  I did it again about an hour before we got off the bus.  Well, now, to all the passengers on the boat, I am referred to as "the trash girl".  No lie!  I hear it about once every 10 minutes or so...
"Ohhh, your that trash girl from our bus!"
"Hey, I think thats the trash girl that Betty was telling us about"
"Hey, trash girl!  What are you doing with a camera?!"
"If your going to be the trash girl, you need to know if you recycle!  Do you recycle?  Do you?"

No comments: