Thursday, September 18, 2008

The river is high!

Today I was very busy running around, getting last minute things for my trip and packing everything to go.  I went to some thrift stores by Paul's house and I got to see some pretty interesting people.  I kind of felt like I was in Kentucky!  The lady who hired me to work on the ship called me to tell me that I may not actually be flying to Red Wing, MN on Saturday.  Apparently, the Mississippi River is very high right now and the boat is unable to fit under the bridges so it can't get to all the ports.  I guess I will be flying to a different port on Saturday, or possibly Sunday, or possibly Monday.  I will hopefully know more tomorrow.  I wonder what the boat is doing since it can't get under the bridges...I mean, there are still people on it, so do they just say "Attention guests, although we are scheduled to go to MN, we will now be going to St. Louis."  Weird!  

I saw some interesting graffiti today.  I think it was a message written for my brother, Bill:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So you havent started your pirate journey just yet? I think maybe that graf was meant for me, but I cant yet until i win the lotto, maybe then ill just hire you to take pictures of me...lol! When you come back to MI we will sit around and exchange glass stories and of course rip on all the wanna be movie makers....Losers! Peace!
-LM